Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Buckhead Family Law Buckhead Family Law
  • Life Forward

Can custody rights be modified in Georgia?

Return to FAQ Videos


Yes. Following a divorce, custody rights can be modified in Georgia. Custody is based on the best interest of the child, which of course can change as the children grow older. Upon a showing of a material change of circumstance since the date of the divorce that’s impacting the child, either parent can petition to modify custodial rights in Georgia.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation