Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Buckhead Family Law Buckhead Family Law
  • Life Forward

Can I get some support for my child even though I am not married to the father of my child?

Return to FAQ Videos


Yes. In Georgia, a parent can seek child support from another parent, even if they’re not married. That action is a process called paternity and child support. Once the court establishes that that parent is in fact the biological parent of the child and a duty of support exists, it can then go on to order a child support for the care and maintenance of the child.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation