Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Buckhead Family Law Buckhead Family Law
  • Life Forward

Can I terminate my ex-spouse’s visitation if he or she doesn’t pay child support?

Return to FAQ Videos


No. In Georgia, parenting time and child support are two separate and distinct rights and obligations. In the event a parent is not paying child support, the proper remedy is to seek a contempt of that through court, but not to cut off visitation as that can subject you to the contempt powers of the court as well.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation