Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Buckhead Family Law Buckhead Family Law
  • Life Forward

Can my child’s father be ordered to pay for my child’s college education in Georgia?

Return to FAQ Videos


In Georgia, neither parent can be ordered by the court to contribute to a child’s college education. Child support can only be ordered up until the children reach the age of majority. However, if by agreement one or either party agrees to pay for college expenses of the child, the court can enforce that agreement between the parties.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation