Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Buckhead Family Law Buckhead Family Law
  • Life Forward

My spouse is trying to kick me out of our home. Is that legal?

Return to FAQ Videos


During the divorce process, it’s not legal to unilaterally kick one party out of the marital residence. If this is becoming an issue, you need to speak with your attorney so that a temporary agreement regarding the use of the marital residence can be reached while the divorce proceeding is pending. If an agreement can’t be reached, it may be necessary to have a temporary hearing with the court to determine the rights and responsibilities of each party with respect to the marital residence while the divorce is pending.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation