Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Can I get some support for my child even though I am not married to the father of my child?

Return to FAQ Videos


Yes. In Georgia, a parent can seek child support from another parent, even if they’re not married. That action is a process called paternity and child support. Once the court establishes that that parent is in fact the biological parent of the child and a duty of support exists, it can then go on to order a child support for the care and maintenance of the child.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
MileMark Media

© 2018 - 2021 Buckhead Family Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.